Monday, June 20, 2016

Feather Together for Father's Day

Last month, Mother's Day was a very special one for me. With both kids in their first year of school (Kindergarten & Preschool) I had surprises that were made with love. They couldn't WAIT to give me their gifts, but were very excited to surprise me! So on Sunday, I awoke to giggles and tickles and "Mommy! Mommy!" So I laid in bed and opened the packages that of course, made me cry. I felt overwhelmed that day with the knowledge of my special role as a mother; I am their world. No matter my inadequacies or mistakes, they think I'm perfect. One day they'll realize I'm not, but for now ignorance is bliss, and I'm not going to rush getting to that day. I will do my best each day and remember that they think the world of me, no matter what.

So with Father's Day here in the U.S. yesterday, I wanted to make sure my husband felt as special as I did this year. He is so wonderful to play with them, take them swimming, help out around the house with some of the worst jobs (toilet cleaning duty and folding clothes!) I know I don't tell him thank you enough, and he needs to hear it more, so I decided to skip the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment and say what I really mean, and what he really needs to hear. 



The feather together set has really great sentiments (I'll feature another one later this week). 


How do you embellish a masculine card? Make a matted mess! Seriously though, I think it added just enough "extra" while staying quite masculine. "Shine" is the masculine form of "sparkle". Every card needs some of that!

A note on the banner: This was definitely the sentiment I wanted, and I wanted to use the Bunch of Banners framelits, but the coordinating banner stamp would have cut into the sentiment. No worries! Just use a Stampin' Write Marker to add shadows et voilĂ !


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment