Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School!

We've entered a new phase of life at the Roberts house today. Our oldest started Kindergarten! This day has been looming in the background all summer and in the words of his lil' sis, "Today's the day! Today's the day! It's a big day!" Yes, yes it is.
There will be no more sleeping past 7:00am (boo). No more accompanying Dad on his business trips during the school year. There is one less voice in our house and it is QUIET! and a little lonely. But there will also be one less person piling toys into the grocery cart (uh, it's not all bad!). We're looking forward to a great year, new friends, and I really can't believe my baby is old enough to go to ALL DAY Kindergarten!!!
Luckily, we live pretty close.
(We share a fence with the school playground. Can't get any closer than that!)
(And by luckily, I mean I may or may not have been spying on him during recess. I will not post pictures, but that doesn't mean I didn't take any.)
To show my little guy how proud I am of him, and how excited I am for his new adventure, I made him this card, that we also made at this month's card class. It would also be a great teacher card. I used a lot of green paper for the banner (it's his favorite color), but you could add brighter colors to make it a little more exciting too. Oh my goodness and I haven't ordered any of the schoolhouse DSP yet but it would be PERFECT! That's on my next order for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment